Data means knowledge. Knowledge means gold. Who owns the data can modify the future. But today profits from data collecting belong to the very small amount of people. Meet Dataeum, a project which wants to bring a revolution to the data market.
Dataeum wants to use a crowdsourcing for data collecting. It means that every smartphone holder through the special application can post a picture or video and get rewarded for it. Collected data will be verified and passed to the decentralized marketplace. There it can be bought by for example:
Companies specialized in maps production and geolocation services
Drone delivery brokers
NGOs focused on ernvironment care
urban planners or architectures
companies interested in targeted advertising.
Below, you can see the Dataeum ecosystem working scheme:
The Dataeum team has an experience in fields like: business, IT and marketing. According to the information on the website it consists of 14 people, but just 9 have their bio in the ‘team’ section. The rest either don’t have much to be proud of or works as an outsourcing support. Project also attracted world best-known advisers like: Anders Larsson and Joakim Holmer from AllcoinWiki, Smon Cocking most known from IcoBench and his event speeches. Simon, during the interview, we made with him last month: https://ruth.news/202-simon-cocking, pointed Dataeum out as one of the most promising ICO of 2018. Another famous speaker who joined the Dataeum’s advisory board is Ian Scarffe. Full list consisting of 12 names you can find on the project's website.
Dataeum tokens are based on ERC-20 protocol and have ticker XDT.
According to the data provided by Dataeum in their Whitepaper XDT token will be used in such services/cases:
- ” Data collection: reward to collectors for their participation in the collection of physical data and flow data;
- Data licensing (rental): data acquirers for the use of physical data and flow data;
- Data consultation: for each Token holder;
- Acquisition of data ownership exploitation (DOE): for each Token holder;
- Community role extension: enable other market players to interact with the community;
- Community member to member interactions: enable community members to interact with each other;
- Merchants interactions: enable merchants to interact with the community member
From 1 000 000 000 released tokens, 50% can be bought during the token sale. Base token price = 1 ETH= 12 000 XDT. 20% of the tokens will be given to the team, investors (I guess early one or as a bonuses) and bounties.
From the collected funds (hardcap = 35 000 ETH) 20% will be spent on marketing, 10% in Opex, 45% on platform development and 25% on operational development.
Dataeum PR and marketing department is doing an excellent job. Project has already some strong partnerships (details below). Among them, you can find some famous associations as well as two big bounty platforms (AmaZix and Bountyhive) .
There is still 40 days before the Dataeum presale and hype around this project just grows day by day. Much before the token sale, the project posted their media partner lists. Dataeum story will be covered for example by CryptoCoin.News as well as Irish Tech News and CNBC.
Whole list of the partners you can see below or on the project website: https://www.dataeum.io/
According to the released roadmap, Dataeum platform supposed to be released by the end of this year, although just by the end of 2021 the user will enjoy the full functionality.
PROs and CONs
This project seems to be one of the brightest raising stars on the ICO firmament. Here are some reasons why do I think so
- Datateum is doing a lot of high quality hype
- Marketing materials made by Dataeum are just exemplary
- They already have some partners and some experience on this field
- Strong advisory board
- New solution for a data handling is needed
- Team seems to be a bit too small for such a complex project. Just 9 names on the website.
- Long time development (ready-made version by the end of 2021)
- High competition. I can’t say the project’s idea is unique.
If you would like to learn more about the Dataeum check the links below:
Project website: https://www.dataeum.io/
Short paper: https://www.dataeum.io/one-pager.pdf
Social media channels:
Disclaimer: this is NOT investment advice. This is purely my opinion, based on facts found on the project website, whitepaper, social media and etc. Please do your own research and decide if it qualifies with your risk profile.